CALL FOR PAPERS - SISAP 2014
7th International Conference on Similarity Search and Applications
Los Cabos, Mexico, Oct 29-31, 2014
The Hubert Curien Laboratory at the University of Saint-Etienne (France) offers a three year PhD studentship, starting in September 2014, with a gross salary of approximately 1685 €/month.
CALL FOR PAPERS – #di2014
International Conference on Digital Intelligence
Sept. 17-19, 2014 - Nantes, France
www.di2014.org - @DIConf2014
Digital Intelligence 2014 (#di2014) is a new international scientific and interdisciplinary conference dedicated to digital society and cultures. The challenge is to bring together researchers from various disciplines (ICT, humanities, biology & health...) in order to discuss and contribute to shape a new scientific and cultural paradigm.
The goal of this internship/PhD is to improve the current performance
of object detection systems on several fronts. The ideal candidate
will first do an internship and then continue with a PhD.
Applying directly for a PhD is also possible. Please do not apply for
In order to improve current object detectors, the objectives here are
two-fold: (a) to make the representation more robust and distinctive
and (b) to collect additional training data to better model the
variability of object categories.
Call for Participation - Application now open
International Summer School on Complex Networks
Bertinoro, Italy July 14-18 2014
• Mathematical aspects of survival analysis
• Bayesian and non-Bayesian methods Modelling cohort heterogeneity Dimension mismatch and overfitting
• Competing risks
• Prof. Per Kragh Andersen, University of Copenhagen
• Prof. Paul Lambert, University of Leicester
• Dr. Maria De Iorio, University College London
• Dr. Ardo van den Hout, University College London
Wednesday 4th June 2014
Time: 10.00 – 17.00
Location: G.12, New Hunt's House, Guy's Campus, King'sCollege London, London SE1 1UL.
Call for PhD students: Efficient Sequential Learning in Structured and Constrained Environments, SequeL team, INRIA, Lille, France
Efficient Sequential Learning in Structured and Constrained Environments, SequeL team, INRIA, Lille, France (PhD position)
Keywords: multi-arm bandit, stochastic optimization, reinforcement learning, apprenticeship learning, learning on graphs, transfer learning
We are expanding the machine learning research team at Amazon in NYC for the profit system group.
We are pleased to announce two new features for the PASCAL Visual Object Classes evaluation server:
1) Leaderboards (similar to the scoreboard comparisons for evaluations on the Middlebury datasets) are now available for the VOC 2010, 2011 and 2012 datasets, see http://host.robots.ox.ac.uk:8080/leaderboard/ .
A submission is by default private, but you can choose to "publish"
it to the relevant leaderboard.
2) The ability to generate an anonymized URL, suitable for inclusion in a conference submission, giving the performance summary for a submitted entry.