Job position: Research Scientist in Machine Learning and Computer Vision
Cortexica, an award-winning spinout company from Imperial College London, is actively recruiting researchers to work on cutting-edge projects in machine learning and computer vision. As one of the world’s leading developers of image recognition and visual search, the company has created a bio-inspired visual processing platform and is focused on exploiting opportunities in the fashion vertical. The company’s aim is to bring world class image processing and recognition to a breadth of commercial applications and international partners through its hosted API platform.
We are looking for candidates who have the skills and research experience to join the research team to push the boundaries of computer vision algorithms and architecture by exploiting recent advances in deep learning. The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated, innovative and resourceful individual with a proven record of publications or development of learning algorithms that have been successfully applied to large-scale datasets.
The successful applicant will be based on the main campus in South Kensington, London, and will be part of a successful R&D team, comprised of research scientists, software developers and cloud-infrastructure engineers.
Qualifications and skills:
· A PhD and good first degree (1st or 2nd upper) in computer science, engineering or another relevant discipline.
· Research experience in applying statistical machine learning to practical applications on large datasets.
· Experience with neural networks is essential and familiarity with deep learning would be preferable.
· Evidence of project delivery in the above areas will be a major advantage.
· Excellent programming skills in MATLAB/Python or C++.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines and as part of a team.
The successful applicant must have good oral and written communication skills. Attention to detail and a strong work ethic are also essential. The ability to work as part of a team is important, as the role will involve working in close collaboration with the CTO and the other research scientists.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter describing your research experience to Dr. Anil Bharath (firstname.lastname@example.org). For informal enquiries contact Dr. Eduard Vazquez (email@example.com).
Closing date: Sunday 13th July 2014. We encourage applicants to apply early