Software Engineer / Web Developer
My client fuses text-mining, web analytics, social data mining, and predictive decisioning to understand and engage millions of individuals for major brands like Guinness, Unilever, and Associated News. Projects involve working with companies like Apple, Google, and the major social platforms.
My client’s team holds several patents around predictive analytics for CRM.
They have some very smart (but very fun) people in the team, and have a work hard play hard culture. Their work environment is fast-paced, very interesting, and regularly involves beer, table football and maintaining their pole position in the inter-office table tennis league. Also, they support each team member in their own personal development and training in addition they provide £2k to customize your own tech setup
You will be involved with developing their core analytics platform and associated web, mobile and social apps for clients, as well as researching, designing and implementing new processes in scaling, prediction, and content analytics.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Can develop web applications in a cloud-based Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP environment
• Is familiar with version control systems, specifically Git
• Has a degree in Computer Science or similar
• Test Driven Development
• Model-View-Controller frameworks, specifically CakePHP
• Emerging data store and processing technologies, such as NoSQL and Stream Processing
A deep understanding in at least one of the following topics:
• Natural Language Processing, specifically semantic extraction
• Recommendation Engines and Predictive Analytics
• Web Analytics Software and Data Mining
The ideal candidate:
• Approaches problems pragmatically, based upon a deep theoretical understanding of the underlying Computer Science concepts
• Is comfortable working in an agile environment
• Share options
• £2k to customize your own tech setup
Please send CV and covering letter to Christine@digimobjobs.com.