RBUCE-UP Project : European Fellowships for Junior and Senior Scientists in the Paris Region at Université d’Evry-Val d’Essonne, France
Deadline : March 21, 2012
Please see the announce in Nature :
RBUCE-UP is a European project cofounded by the European Union for the recruitment by Université Paris-Sud, Université de Versailles-Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Université d’Evry-Val-d’Essonne, ENS Cachan, Ecole Centrale Paris of 26 talented non French resident researchers for 2 years (incoming mobility).
All host organizations are located in the southern area of the Ile de France (Paris) region and are founding members of UniverSud Paris.
Recruitments are organized through 2 open calls in 2011 and 2012 at UniverSud Paris level.
The second open Call is now open (January 1st to March 31st 2012, registration through the web site until March 21st 2012).
The RBUCE-UP Project follows the European Marie Curie actions principles and thus applies a bottom-up approach, i.e. research fields are chosen freely by applicants.
All scientific disciplines are possible as long as they match the activity of a host laboratory.
Women applicants are welcome and encouraged.
Career breaks shall not affect applicant evaluation.
Eligibility criteria *
- To have a PhD (or 4 years of full-time research experience after obtaining a master degree or equivalent – to be duly justified)
- To be a non French resident in the sense of Marie Curie actions, i.e.
• Not having spent more than 12 months in France during the last 3 years preceding the closing of the call for applications to which the candidate answers (Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account)
• French nationals living abroad are eligible as long as they meet the above criterion.
- At the closing date of the call for applications, to have a commitment letter from a host laboratory participating to the RBUCE-UP project, signed by the director of the host laboratory and countersigned by the Head of host organization.
For Senior Fellowship
- To have a full-time research experience of at least 5 years after obtaining one’s PhD or equivalent
For Junior Fellowship
- To have less than a full-time research experience of 6 years after obtaining one’s PhD – excluding stops
- To be the lead author of a publication in a peer-review scientific journal, or a communication in a scientific congress with a selection committee
*Call from January 1st to March 31st, 2012(registration through the web site until March 21st 2012).
* Evaluation by 3 independent international experts : before Jun 31st, 2012
* Steering Committee meeting : July 2012
* Official reply to candidates : August 2012
* Recruitment by host organizations : between September 2011 and December 2012 (certain disciplines may require prior approval of the research project by the European Union; this may imply delays in the recruitment)
Application deadline 03/31/2012
International mobility required ? Yes
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows France
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence All
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies All
Website of Fellowship Programme www.rbuce-up.eu
Employment contract with social security Yes
Covers salary Yes
Covers research costs Yes
Maximum duration of fellowship 24