CALL FOR PAPERS – #di2014
International Conference on Digital Intelligence
Sept. 17-19, 2014 - Nantes, France
www.di2014.org - @DIConf2014
Digital Intelligence 2014 (#di2014) is a new international scientific and interdisciplinary conference dedicated to digital society and cultures. The challenge is to bring together researchers from various disciplines (ICT, humanities, biology & health...) in order to discuss and contribute to shape a new scientific and cultural paradigm.
The goal of this internship/PhD is to improve the current performance
of object detection systems on several fronts. The ideal candidate
will first do an internship and then continue with a PhD.
Applying directly for a PhD is also possible. Please do not apply for
In order to improve current object detectors, the objectives here are
two-fold: (a) to make the representation more robust and distinctive
and (b) to collect additional training data to better model the
variability of object categories.
Call for Participation - Application now open
International Summer School on Complex Networks
Bertinoro, Italy July 14-18 2014
• Mathematical aspects of survival analysis
• Bayesian and non-Bayesian methods Modelling cohort heterogeneity Dimension mismatch and overfitting
• Competing risks
• Prof. Per Kragh Andersen, University of Copenhagen
• Prof. Paul Lambert, University of Leicester
• Dr. Maria De Iorio, University College London
• Dr. Ardo van den Hout, University College London
Wednesday 4th June 2014
Time: 10.00 – 17.00
Location: G.12, New Hunt's House, Guy's Campus, King'sCollege London, London SE1 1UL.
Call for PhD students: Efficient Sequential Learning in Structured and Constrained Environments, SequeL team, INRIA, Lille, France
Efficient Sequential Learning in Structured and Constrained Environments, SequeL team, INRIA, Lille, France (PhD position)
Keywords: multi-arm bandit, stochastic optimization, reinforcement learning, apprenticeship learning, learning on graphs, transfer learning
We are expanding the machine learning research team at Amazon in NYC for the profit system group.
We are pleased to announce two new features for the PASCAL Visual Object Classes evaluation server:
1) Leaderboards (similar to the scoreboard comparisons for evaluations on the Middlebury datasets) are now available for the VOC 2010, 2011 and 2012 datasets, see http://host.robots.ox.ac.uk:8080/leaderboard/ .
A submission is by default private, but you can choose to "publish"
it to the relevant leaderboard.
2) The ability to generate an anonymized URL, suitable for inclusion in a conference submission, giving the performance summary for a submitted entry.
New Deadline for applications (for participation): February 28, 2014
International Research-Centered Summer School in “Cognitive Systems and Interactive Robotics, Data and Content Analysis”
3-30 July 2014, at NCSR "Demokritos", Athens, Greece
Position at the post-doctoral level for 1 year at the Systems and Modeling research unit at the GIGA Biomedical Research Center and at the Montefiore Institute of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, at the University of Liège, Belgium.
Within European FP7 Marie Curie Work Programme coordinated by Prof. dr. S. Heymans (Maastricht University), we are looking for an excellent, highly competitive researcher at the post-doctoral level. He/she should have worked for at least 3 years outside Belgium during the past years.