Researcher position, Statistical Machine Translation - Xerox - Grenoble, France
The Machine Learning for Document Access and Translation group of the Xerox Research Centre Europe conducts research in Statistical Machine Translation and Information Retrieval, Categorization and Clustering using advanced machine learning methods.
We are opening a position for a researcher with a background in Statistical Machine Translation to support our participation in the EU-funded project TransLectures (www.translectures.eu). Our main focus in the project is in domain adaptation and incremental techniques for video-lectures translation.
Required experience and qualifications:
- PhD in computer science or computational linguistics, with focus on
- Experience with Statistical Machine Translation.
- Good publication record and evidence of implementing systems.
- A good command of English, as well as open-mindedness and the will
to collaborate within a team.
- Acquaintance with Spoken Language Translation is a plus
Preferred starting date: October 2013 or soon after
Contract duration: 18 months
Application instructions: lease email your CV and covering letter, with message subject "Statistical Machine Translation Researcher" to xrce-candidates and to Marc.Dymetman at xrce.xerox.com.
(Note: senior researchers are also welcome to contact us)
XRCE is a highly innovative place and we strongly encourage publication and interaction with the scientific community.
Job announcement URL: