Postdoctoral researcher - Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven), Belgium
The Language Intelligence & Information Retrieval (LIIR) group (http://www.cs.kuleuven.be/groups/liir/, Department of Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction section) at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven), Belgium has an open position for a
(Full time, 1 year with possibility for extension)
In the field of
multimedia retrieval, machine learning and retrieval models.
The position is financed by the European TOSCA-MP project (Task-Oriented Search and Content Annotation for Media Production - EU FP7-287532 - http://tosca-mp.eu/) in which LIIR collaborates with important European teams specialized in multimedia retrieval and with European broadcasters.
The successful applicant has:
• Completed the PhD with success as evidenced by multiple publications in proceedings of important conferences and journals in the field of information retrieval;
• A master degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics or a related discipline;
• Acquired a profound knowledge and practical experience in machine learning, data mining and information retrieval; experience with aggregated search, reranking algorithms, optimization methods, structured input and output spaces, graphical models, probabilistic inference, message-passing algorithms, and related techniques is an advantage;
• Good programming skills (e.g., Java, C++, MATLAB, Python);
• Excellent English language skills (written and spoken);
• Good communication skills especially for guiding master and PhD students;
• The capability to work independently and in a team;
• A profound interest in multimedia information retrieval.
Please submit your application and cv in electronic form to Prof. Marie-Francine Moens (email@example.com). The starting date is January 1, 2013. We are accepting applications until November 15, 2012, or until the position fills.